Author Topic: Buying Shares and other  (Read 7973 times)

yenta

Buying Shares and other
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:41:13 AM »
I am heading into Yr 9 and have been in first place.  I have someone creeping quickly behind me.  I've been buying back shares since the start and marked to do so for this yr however I noticed my credit rating went down.  When should you stop buying shares back?  I also declared my first dividend last round in an attempt to increase my ROE, however, I didn't do as well as my projected performance, i.e. EPS was $3 less, Net Revenues was $100K less, and NP was 40K less.  In fact the company on my tail did better in ROE than me.  They also lowered their PQ rating on both models.  Any suggestions?  I did pay off all my debt last round however that is why I declared a dividend...any advice would be grateful... 

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Buying Shares and other
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »
You never stop buying shares back. You always do it, until you can't anymore. There is a lot of things you can do, however it would require me looking at your game on some level. You should email me at [email protected] for a diagnostic review.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.

yenta

Re: Buying Shares and other
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
Thanks...after I marked to buyback the available shares and made some other changes I saw my credit rating went back up.  I still want to ensure I will stay in first so probably will send ya an email.  Thanks!