Author Topic: Dividend questions:  (Read 5379 times)

jyt

Dividend questions:
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
We are currently not profitable for our 4th quarter so our dividends are something like q1 $0.30, q2 $0.30, q3 $0.30, q4 $0.  Will the non-dividend payment affect our company's share price?  How do they calculate didivdend payments?  Is it total per year that has to increase or is it per quarter?  I read for somewhere that in BSG you don't need to increase dividends by a lot, just enough to cover the year and rise a little bit.  Is that the same for Glo-bus?  So if our current dividend payments are q1 $0.30, q2 $0.30, q3 $0.30, q4 $0 should it be something like q1 $0.31, q2 $0.31, q3 $0.31, q4 $0 next year or more?  Appreaciate responses, thanks!

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Dividend questions:
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »
Yes, not having a dividend will affect your share price. But if you are not profitable, that's the least of your worries.

In theory, yes increasing dividends will increase your stock price. However, doing so, by 1 cent, for the sake of seeing it go up, will have minimal impact.

When I release dividends, they are meaningful.  And obviously if my dividend is from $3 and it is now $4, it will impact it positively by a bit.

But this whole idea of 3.49, to 3.50, to 3.51...

little committment, gives little reward. Don't expect much.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.