Author Topic: Glo-Bus Year 7  (Read 15842 times)

halfstep

Glo-Bus Year 7
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Hi, very glad I found this forum, after reading the forum posts and buying the glob-bus book, My company officially kicked ass in year 6, so thank you for sharing the knowledge.

Still, I am head-up-ass with this game, now that my company got a good start, what are some of the things to keep in mind, in maintaining and finally winning the game? I am trying to strive for lower than average PQ, and low price in entry, and slightly higher than average PQ and good warranty in multi-feature. is this strategy to rigid or ineffective?

thanks

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Glo-Bus Year 7
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:41 PM »
The strategy that you explained is decent. However, it is best to see what your competitors are doing to properly strategize yourself. Do not make the mistake and not invest into RnD. You need to invest in that and slowly bring up your PQ over time.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.

halfstep

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »

The overall industry is currently at 2 PQ for EL, next year it is likely to be 2 PQ or lower, under this assumption do you recommend going lower than 2 PQ for EL products?

Regarding product design, you mentioned lowering core component costs while dictate quality with brand specific, should this combination change later on during the game? (eg, subbing brand specific costs with core component upgrade due to progressive lowering costs of core components, and keeping up with competition product design)

thanks for the reply.

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »
You're assuming PQ is going to be lower... and thus you want to lower your own PQ. Under the assumption, sure it would be wise... but the assumption is wrong. PQ almost always goes higher.

The combination does change over time with RnD expenditures, and ultimately lowers the price in general.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.