Author Topic: Dropping Internet Price  (Read 3007 times)

Roadman

Dropping Internet Price
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:08:19 AM »
I know internet price must be wholesale price plus 40%, dropping below that will cause you to lose retailers. The effect is not immediate and takes place a period after you see the benefits from the drop in internet price. I'm also aware that any strategy you try to implement to gain more retailers will take a few years to take effect.

I was wondering how many retailers you lose by dropping below 40%? Will you lose more retailers the further under 40% you drop your internet price? Or is it a fixed amount no matter how far you drop?

Cheers

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Dropping Internet Price
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:35:30 AM »
It is not realistic to quantify the retailers you will lose by dropping below 40%. Where is the rest of the market? Are you just below 40% maybe at 45% or at 60%? All of these factors play a role, and you can't reliably say that you lose X retailers.

What is known is that you will lose retailers, whatever that amount is, and you will lose them faster the greater the disparity is.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.

locefaj

• View Profile
Re: Dropping Internet Price
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
I know internet price must be Plex wholesale price plus 40%, dropping Tutuapp below that will cause you to lose retailers. The effect is not immediate and takes place a period after you see the benefits from the drop in internet price. I'm also aware that any strategy Vidmate you try to implement to gain more retailers will take a few years to take effect.

I was wondering how many retailers you lose by dropping below 40%? Will you lose more retailers the further under 40% you drop your internet price? Or is it a fixed amount no matter how far you drop?

Cheers

What I personally feel is that should not be the case as that is wide.

Regards,
Sere Smith
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:13:47 PM by locefaj »