Author Topic: Retail Support  (Read 3753 times)

AYC

Retail Support
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »
How important is retail support,and is it worth matching the industry average or is it better to maintain it a bit lower to maximize profits? The help documents are very vague as far as the impact of changing the retail support. I was wondering if anyone could describe these effects based on experience with the BSG or from your interpretation of the help documents?

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Retail Support
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »
This subject has been debated by a few Champions. Some say it is better to match the industry average, some say it is better to do it at 1000 to 1500. Some say that you should do it at a lower value.

Retailer support is not extremely impactful in the context of the game in the sense it won't win it (a contentious statement in of itself). Some people do high retailer support which would lead to higher retailers and therefore higher sales. That's the process behind it.

I generally help companies who are in the dog house from the get go, and therefore do not have the time nor the resources to realize this, and for that I generally don't go with that strategy.

However, experts debate and there isn't one completely correct answer.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.