Author Topic: PL Market Bids  (Read 3601 times)

AYC

PL Market Bids
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
I have just recently purchased a significant amount of used capacity and plan to flood the PL Market and take advantage of the significantly undersupply there is currently. I was curious as far as the rule of $5 below the WS price? Is this the Industry Avg Wholesale price, or my company's price I set for that bidding year or the previous year? If the price I bid on in the PL market is grossly marked up (over the Wholesale Price) will I simply not receive a bid even if I am able to supply the huge demand that is lacking in a particular region?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:44:22 PM by Morty »

AYC

Re: PL Market Bids
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Also I wasn't very clear if just a portion of the offered pairs could be taken up for bid or if the PL Market will only take the whole bid or none at all?

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: PL Market Bids
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
It is based upon the CURRENT average industry wholesale price. Therefore you are personally guessing what it will be.

And if you are above it, you will sell nothing. The demand for private label shoes will outright SHRINK if the price is too high.

Many have tried to game this part of the BSG, and realized later it was a mistake. As what your idea is, really isn't real world business strategy.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.