Author Topic: Last Year Question  (Read 5198 times)

furofo

Last Year Question
« on: October 30, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
So after reading the manual I noticed something I think i can exploit for the last year of the company. So basically our simulation is a shoe manufacturing company. I notice that when I lower my internet price all of my critical score paramaters (like EPS) go way up, in the manual it said that if this price is too low when compared to the price I offer retailers it causes cannabilization of their markets and no one will want to work with me next year but it won't have an effect that year.

So my question is this, what is stopping me from making a really low internet price my last year, and decreasing support for everything that involves the # of retailers willing to support my product for the last year to make a jump in profitability for it.

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Last Year Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 08:53:41 PM »
You got it. Nothing stops you.

You just make things difficult for the next management team.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.

furofo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
How would I make things difficult?, If it is the last year for the game in the class then thats it right?

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 05:50:12 PM »
I'm talking theoretically that the "next management team" would have it difficult.

Your professor may pick out those people who are trying to "game" the system. Theoretically are trying to create a sustainable company going forward, not try to grab quick points for the last year.

This is important as in some reports and end game assignments require you to explain the future of the company.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.