Author Topic: Quarterly Advertising Budget  (Read 4665 times)

globusmann

Quarterly Advertising Budget
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
Hi there, thanks for helping me out earlier with the registration. To continue my question from earlier, how would you divide the portion of your advertising budget among the 4 regions? You said that you would do a balanced budget,so it means spending equally (exactly the same amount) across all 4 regions? E.G. 1000 in all of NA, Asia Pac, Europe, and LA?

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
Re: Quarterly Advertising Budget
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Yes, that is correct. I personally balance it out.

I don't believe in doing different strategies in every region. I follow a strategic arc in all regions.

For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.

globusmann

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:22 PM »
Thanks a lot man! But given our constrained budget (cash), especially in the initial years, wouldn't it be strenuous to spend advertising evenly in all of the regions, especially if you're trying to out-advertise your rivals? If so, very roughly speaking, how much should we spend for, say, Year 6?

WinBusinessStrategyGameTips

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BSGTips
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »
That's a strategic decision. I can't say without seeing your game. You should email me.
For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.