BSGTips Forum
July 29, 2014, 05:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S/Q Rating Vs Run Setup Time  (Read 6352 times)
Ree

View Profile Email
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:29:56 PM »

I have been told by many of my colleagues that played this game last semester that it is wise to upgrade the Start up time (Option B) as an early plant upgrade and I doubts about the cost saving compared to the S/Q rating as well as that giving image to my company. Although we lost year one by a narrow margin of 2 point (108 to 106) we were the only company who has borrowed money and expanded in AP and LA.

When testing multiple numbers it seems that raising the S/Q has much higher benefits than Run setup time reduction. (we upgraded rejection first year) With your expertise I was wondering which option to choose as they are both around the same cost but with much different cost savings.

As well is it wise to wait to sell your NA plant as they are good to keep as a distributor to just the NA market or just sell them straight up and continue to borrow and buy AP and LA plants?

Thanks in advance.
WinBusinessStrategyGameTips
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »

Every upgrade is useful given a different strategy. Option B in fact is a better upgrade to get if you are pursuing a higher quality strategy. For more details for which upgrades are good for which strategy, look at the Ultimate Solution guide.

As for NA plant, some opt to sell it, some opt to keep it, I personally keep it, but I still focus on AP and LA plants.

For the most up to date support in winning The Business Strategy Game (BGS) and the Global Business Simulation Game (Glo-Bus) visit www.bsgtips.com and Contact the Grand Champion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: